You just returned from a vacation with loads of wonderful memories and pictures. You plan to transfer them to your PC, but you get carried away and start viewing them on the camera one by one. While viewing the pictures, you accidentally hit delete! And BAM! Your pictures are gone! You feel awful and wish you had a backup.
Many of us can relate to such situations, right? It’s indeed a common problem to lose pictures and data. But there’s no need to worry! There are tools like Remo Recover which can recover images and videos. It doesn’t matter if you’ve lost pictures on your system, camera or phones (memory cards) or external hard drives. Remo Recover can be used with all of these storage devices.
Most of the digital cameras use JPEG format to store images. This is because JPEG uses less storage space compared to other advanced formats. This blog post focuses on recovery of deleted JPEG & JPG files.
Important tip: If you’ve encountered an unwanted deletion, please stop using the device immediately. Continuing to use the device will overwrite new files on the space deleted files occupied. This will cause permanent deletion and recovery is not possible in these cases.
More on Remo Recover
Remo Recover uses robust scanning algorithms and scans your storage device sector by sector. Then, it identifies deleted files and recovers them. It uses a read only mode, so no damage will be caused to your original file during recovery.
- In addition to JPEG files, it can also be used to recover PNG, BMP, GIF, PSD and RAW images etc.
- Has the ability to recover images, audio and video files
- All major brands of cameras such as Nikon, Canon, Panasonic etc are supported
- Can also recover RAW images from DSLR cameras.
- A Preview feature is available which allows preview of recovered files.
- You can search for recovered files easily using Find feature
The software supports all versions of Windows including the latest Windows 10. A variant of the software is available for Mac users as well. All versions Mac OS X 10.5x and above are supported.
Simple on screen instructions are provided throughout the recovery process. Once the images have been recovered, you can view the files using Preview feature. If you are satisfied with the results, you can save them by purchasing the software. The article how to recover deleted JPEG files provides a complete overview of the recovery process.
Other reasons for data loss
In addition to accidental deletion, there are many other reasons for data loss. Some of them are listed below
- Removal of memory card or disconnecting the camera when data transfer is in progress may cause corruption in card. This leads to data loss and this is by far the most common reason for data loss.
- Capturing photos and videos when the camera is low on battery
- Virus/malware attacks
- Errors such as ‘Drive needs to be formatted’ may cause your data to become inaccessible