SD cards are mainly used in cameras and mobiles for storing photos and videos. If you use your memory card to shoot, transfer and erase lots of photos, fragments of pictures may pile up on the card. Over time, the pile up may increase and result in the malfunctioning of the card. Hence, you card needs formatting once in a while.
Other reasons for formatting your card
- A virus attack may result in the card not functioning properly and trigger error messages. To resolve this issue, you may need to format your card.
- Corruption in memory cards may trigger error messages and you will be asked to format your card in such cases. Common error messages include ‘Your card needs to be formatted. Do you want to format it now?’
If you have failed to backup data before formatting your card, all your pictures, videos and other media files will be deleted. In order to recover data from formatted SD cards, you will need professional data recovery software. This post focuses on recovering Mov files from your memory card.
Mov is a video file format developed by Apple compatible on both Mac and Windows platforms. Remo Photo Recovery is a great tool to recover Mov files from formatted SD cards. All major brands of SD cards such as Kingston, SanDisk, Transcend, Sony etc are supported.
More on Remo Photo Recovery tool
- The software can also be used to recover files from corrupted and inaccessible memory cards. Here are detailed instructions on how to recover video files from damaged sd card.
- It is available for both Windows and Mac users with support for all latest versions.
- Simple to use software with instructions provided for every step in the recovery process.
- Works in a read only mode, so your Mov files are not altered during the recovery process.
Note: In order for data recovery to be successful, avoid using the memory card after format. Doing so will overwrite new data on the Mov files making recovery difficult.