An introduction for macOS Sierra 10.12.5
On 16 May, Apple released macOS Sierra 10.12.5 for download. It is the fifth major update to the Sierra that first launched in September of 2016. The macOS Sierra 10.12.5 is a free update for all its users who have a compatible Mac machine. The update can be easily downloaded using the Software Update function through the Mac App store.
Unlike macOS Sierra 10.12.4, an update that introduced Night Shift for Macintosh, macOS Sierra 10.12.5 version includes bug fixes, improving support for new software and security updates.
What’s new in macOS Sierra 10.12.5 version?
The macOS Sierra 10.12.5 version brings improved compatibility, stability and security of your Mac. Below mentioned are the list of fixes that are new and also improved ones in version 10.12.5.
- Enhance compatibility of the Mac App Store with future software updates
- Adds support for media-free installation of Windows 10 Creators Update using Boot Camp
- Fixes an issue where audio may stutter when played via USB headphones.
There is a security update included with this Sierra 10.12.5 version. This update has also been released for Mac users running El Capitan and Yosemite operating system. These include:
- Resolves an issue affecting some education and enterprise customers that may cause the system date to be set to the year 2040.
- Prevents a potential kernel panic when starting up from a NetInstall image created from the macOS Sierra 10.12.5 installer.
If you have recently upgraded to Mac OS Sierra, then there are chances that some of your files are hidden. If so then you can read here to know how to unhide hidden files on macOS Sierra. Using the steps mentioned here you can get access to all the hidden files and folders in Mac OS X.