QuickTime is a multimedia player which combines sound, text, animation, and video in a single file and provide excellent video quality. This application allows you to watch high definition videos that are available in the internet sources. However, QuickTime file get corrupt due to various reasons and sometimes throws error messages and may not play on QuickTime or any other media players.
Consider a scenario: Sometimes, while opening MOV file on QuickTime media Player, you may encounter an error message that states – “Error -2048: Couldn’t open the file because it is not a file that QuickTime understands.” This error normally appears when your video file gets corrupt.
Not just this, sometimes QuickTime file may also refuse to play due to application crash, compatibility issue. When such things happen, try to play the videos on other media players to check whether it is due to compatibility issue or due to corruption. If you are facing the same problems with other media players, then it indicates video file is damaged. Some other reasons for QuickTime file corruption are:
- While transferring QuickTime files from system to storage device, if the process terminates in between then there are chances of corruption of video file
- Frequently changing QuickTime file format for making it compatible to play on any gadget results in the file damage, as a result of which file becomes unplayable
- When you play QuickTime files on unsupported media players, then it may result in corruption and makes them unplayable
- Using unreliable applications to restore lost or deleted MOV / MP4 videos
You can avoid video file corruption in future by taking some precautionary steps:
- Always maintain backup of QuickTime files on any other external storage device
- Do not play QuickTime files on unsupported media players
- Don’t use improper tool for recovery and converting QuickTime files
- Avoid interruptions while moving video file
Even after taking necessary steps as mentioned above, QuickTime files may get corrupt. Under such circumstances, make use of reliable MOV repair tool like Remo Repair MOV to fix the corruption issues easily.
Fixing corrupt QuickTime file using Remo Repair MOV
Fixing damaged QuickTime MOV file is an easy task with the help of MOV repair tool by Remo. This tool is designed to fix corrupt QuickTime video files of MOV / MP4 file formats on all Windows and Mac systems. This is read – only application; that means it only extracts the data from the corrupt MOV / MP4 file and repairs it without causing further damage to the file.
During repair process, the tool separates the audio and video tracks and fixes the issues simultaneously; later it combines to create a healthy video which is playable as before. In addition to these, the software can fix corrupt GoPro files, iPhone videos, etc.
Remo Repair MOV can be used even in the following scenarios:
- When you come across audio video synchronization issues
- When MOV / MP4 displays error 2048 and are not playable on QuickTime or any media player
- To repair MOV videos that are corrupt after recovery due to the usage of unreliable tools
Other features of Remo Repair MOV
- Supported Digital Camera Brands: The software fixes corrupt MOV / MP4 files created on different brands of camera like Sony, Nikon, Sanyo, Casio, GoPro, etc. with ease.
- Audio and Video Codecs: The video codecs supported by this tool are- mp4v, mjpeg, avc1. Similarly the audio codecs that are supported include- sowt, RAW, mp4a
- Free Demo Version: To evaluate the repair resultsyou can make use of trial version of the software and even lets you to preview repaired filesbut cannot save the repaired file
- Operating Systems: The tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS such as Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, etc and Mac OS includes Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard, etc.
- 24*7 Technical Support: If you come across any queries during repair process, then you can contact support team. They provide round the clock technical assistance
- Simple Intuitive Interface: The application provides step by step instructions to carry out repair process which helps even novice users to perform the repair process easily